Exploring the world through creating meaningful photographs of people's most intimate moments is one of my favorite things to do. While out adventuring and traveling to create imagery I also love experiencing some of the best spots to eat. Being local to Denver and a passionate lover of food has given me some insight on a few of the best places to eat in Denver. I put a list together of a handful of the best places you can experience whether you're looking for a fun new date night with your love, or traveling through the area!
1. Rivers and Roads Coffee - I absolutely adore River & Roads Coffee! The owners spent a lot of time mastering the perfect Chai and the food is some of the best coffee shop food around. Not to mention the staff is so kind and friendly.
2. The Universal - I’ve been going to The Universal for breakfast for a few years now and always adore the food served here. The french toast is absolutely heavenly and the grits are out of this world. I love the bacon scramble, but honestly there is not a bad dish on the menu.
3. Cherry Cricket - Alright I’m going to be honest with you… I’m a bit of a snob when it comes to burgers. Cherry Cricket set the bar high for me. Not only do they have delicious and flavorful burgers that come with whatever toppings you can think of, but the frings (a combo of onion rings and fries) are the best I’ve ever had. Just the right amount of crispy on the outside and soft on the inside; you cannot go wrong with them.
4. Tacos Tequila Whiskey - Tacos Tequila Whiskey has tainted me. I legit do not enjoy any tacos in the state as much as these. I regularly crave the dishes made here. I personally adore the asada tacos with fresh guac and chips. All of the drinks and desserts are also heavenly.
5. Small Cakes Cupcakery - When I’m craving a sweet treat this is one of the first places I think of. The cupcakes here are so tasty. I love the coconut cupcake which has the perfect cake to icing ratio and vanilla bean cake with fresh coconut shredded all over the icing. You’ve gotta check this place out if you’ve never been.
6. Duo - I absolutely adore getting breakfast at the Duo. I love that you can make breakfast reservations here and can completely avoid waiting an hour for the first meal of the day. The food is mind blowing and I personally love the pork benedict with the most flavorful meat, perfectly poached eggs, and crispy potatoes. If you’ve been looking for a mind blowing breakfast this is the place.